Everyone wants to explode their click rates and conversions and I have some really cool quick tips to help you along the way. Best of all, they are completely free and you can start implementing them on your site and ad campaigns right now.
A couple weeks ago I did a review on a new lead generating contest solutions I was using called Incentivibe. Since they are running their tool on a ton of sites and seeing massive volume, they’ve been able to pull together some awesome figures to help us all with our ad campaigns and engaging with our audiences.
Here’s what you should know about the data and test results before we jump into what worked and what didn’t.
There were 8 factors that increased conversions from 200% to 700%… the factors were a combination of placement, wording, action taking place, dates, branding and much more. I break each of these factors down below.
– Many of us are using on site subscription forms for newsletter sign ups. Some of us are also using a “lightbox” which shows the form over your page. The user has to take action or close out the pop form. It’s really no surprise that this one see’s a huge increase of 62% in conversions!
– How many of us buy something simply because it has a certain name or logo on us? Probably the most of us. The same holds true for when you are promoting stuff online. When possible, be sure to include brand names or site name vs. being generic. The addition of “Unbounce” (site name) in this example brought a 28% increase in conversions.
– You only have a few seconds to grab someone attention online. This one is also a no brainer… the usage of an image shows a nice spike of 22% in conversions.
– Look at the comparison below and it might take you a few seconds to find the difference, yet there was still a 33% increase in conversions. The difference is a “Enter” button vs. a “Enter in Seconds”. Small difference, big roi!
– Many people already know that when people come to your site they read from top left to right bottom. So what would be a better spot to put your call to action. I almost always see them on the bottom right… and there is a good reason why… 125% increase in conversions!
– With over a billion people on Facebook there are plenty of opportunities for you to engage with your audience. We all want more FB likes for our sites, but this test shows that more people prefer to submit an email versus using their Facebook account to LIKE your page.
– There are plenty of different words out there for you to use when it comes to running a contest on your site. Believe it or not, but the one you choose will actually make a big difference in your how promotion performs. In this testing “Giveaway” was the clear winner, with “Sweepstake” right behind.
– Unfortunately the internet is loaded with promotions and contests that never seem to end. Engage with your audience and put a time sensitive date on your call to action and you might just see a 40% increase in your conversions.
How Can You Put These Call to Actions In Place?
Simple… in this examples about it was all about free giveaways and contests, but these same principles can be applied to nearly any ad campaign. Play around with your text ad copy, how your landing pages are created (dating landing page examples), different ways for people to engage and sign up and much more. When you are dealing with a lot of volume, even a small increase of 5-15% in conversions can make up for a lot of leads and money over the course of a few months.
My name is Zac Johnson and I have been an online entrepreneur for the past 18 years and blogger since 2007. This is my personal blog and I welcome you to the site. In full disclosure, it is safe to assume that I am benefiting financially or otherwise from everything you click on, read, or look at while on my website.
This website was created with Thrive Themes and WordPress. Using the suite of tools provided by Thrive Themes is the fastest way for you to create your own website or blog that is fully optimized for maximum conversions. Click the button to get started.
5 Most Powerful Ways to Monetize Your Blog and Increase Traffic
Creating Your Own Web Hosting Service
My Story on “Entrepreneur on Fire” with John Lee Dumas
Top New Year’s Resolutions for 2014
How I Make Over Six Figures Every Year from Blogging