Everyone is talking about the recent changes with Google Panda and how they are killing off the major link building networks and changing the way links reflect on listings in search engines. While a lot of focus is on Google Panda updates and what link building methods will be acceptable and worth pursing in the coming months, the way we link to our web sites and the anchor text we use will also be important.
While looking around at the latest comments and blog posts on these topics, yesterday I came across some useful videos that talk bout the future of link building, understanding the latest Google Panda updates and everything in between.
Everything You Need to Know About Panda 3.3 Video
- What EXACTLY is Panda 3.3 and, more importantly, what is it not?
- The step-by-step guide to building your very own blog network in 1 afternoon (and why you shouldn’t).
- The 5 changes we’re making at The HOTH to give you safer, more effective links.
- The 8 action items to stay on Panda 3.3’s good side.
- The 3 SEO strategies that’ll make you stronger than ever going forward.
Beyond Exact Match Anchor Text Links Video
Another great video I came across, is one from Cyrus of the SEOMOZ team. This is a short 5 minute video but it’s a good one. Cyrus goes into detail on how the old days of building text anchor links with the same key phrases are no longer as effective as they used to be, and you now have to spread our your anchor text and bring a variety to it. This is the future of search rankings, as the search engines are now becoming more humanized and less of a ranking system.