Podcasts are completely changing the way content is being created and delivered in the world today. While many of us are used to text and image-based content, podcasting is bringing the conversation to life through full audio and sometimes even video.
Think about it like this… would you rather spend 20 minutes reading a thorough guide on what’s currently working in the industry today, or would you rather listen to a podcast with someone talking about what’s working, while also giving real life examples and walkthroughs in the process? Nearly everyone would rather go with the audio version. Best of all, this type of content can be consumed from anywhere. The majority of people listening to podcasts, are doing so while on their commute to work, while at the gym or while they are working on other tasks online.
In short, podcasting isn’t just another medium to deliver content — it’s a better way to connect with your audience while bringing the conversation to life. Which is one of the many reasons why I launch my own podcast, Rise of the Entrepreneur.
With all of that in mind, podcasting is experiencing massive growth right now. With Apple iTunes fueling the way for podcasting and making it easily accessible to anyone with a mobile device or iTunes installed, there is no reason why we shouldn’t continue to see more growth in the coming years. As the Apple media player continues to be added into new cars, podcasting is only going to get more exposure and listeners.
We can also attribute a massive amount of growth and attention to podcasting, thanks to the many celebrities, brands and professionals who have started shows of their own. Of course, you also have many top bloggers, entrepreneurs and business experts funneling their site traffic to their podcasts as well. Open iTunes on any given day and you will find names like Gary Vaynerchuk, Tim Ferries, John Lee Dumas, Dave Ramsey and many others right at the top of the business section.
Again, podcasting is bringing your content to life, while also connecting you that much closer to your audience. The conversation is getting real.
Speaking of business podcasts… now it’s time to showcase some of the best shows on the market today for business experts and affiliate marketers. This list was originally created by John Rampton of Due.com in his recent article on Forbes. I’ve listed each of the shows below, along with an excerpt on each. Below the list you will also find a custom infographic highlighting each of the shows and many other notable key stats in the industry today.
12 Marketing Podcasts for Entrepreneurs You Can’t Afford to Miss
- Business Mistakes – Business Mistakes has already received more than 150 five-star ratings and features various industry leaders who talk about their life-changing mistakes and the steps they did to rise after the blunder.
- PNR: This Old Marketing – Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi puts their audience in the know about the latest trends and strategies in content marketing, this podcast is for you.
- The Solopreneur – Hosted by Michael O’Neal, Solopreneur aims to help those who consider themselves unemployable by leading them to the correct path to becoming successful on their own terms.
- Mixergy – Listen to Andrew Warner as he interviews the best of the best and asks them uncomfortable and thought-provoking questions to bring out the greatest success and heart-wrenching failures of his guests.
- Entrepreneur On Fire – Get into the minds of today’s entrepreneurs and leading business experts from John Lee Dumas’ award-winning podcast, EOFire or Entrepreneurs on Fire.
- Growth Everywhere – The Growth Show is the business podcast of HubSpot. It is dedicated to helping leaders and business people grow their ideas, businesses, a movement, or a team.
- The Growth Show – Growth Everywhere is a podcast dedicated to growing your business and your personal growth; thus, the namesake.
- Smart Passive Income – Smart Passive Income is what it is – helping you find passive income resources so that you have more time to pursue your other endeavors. It is packed with stories and lesson Pat Flynn, the founder, has experienced.
- Manager Tools – If you want to become a better manager and gain invaluable insight how to manage your team, Manager Tools has very comprehensive tools and resources to help you achieve that goal.
- The James Altucher Show – Psychologist and best-selling author, James Altucher does not just bring you business insights but also about finding your passion and purpose and build it to bring you profit.
- EntreLeadership – EntreLeadership is hosted by Ken Coleman, it includes lively discussions about business and leadership that can add more to your knowledge and insight.
- Rise of the Entrepreneur – Zac Johnson has interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs that spill the beans on the best tips and tricks to launch, grow and have a successful business.
12 Must-Listen Marketing Podcasts for Entrepreneurs Infographic