3 Must-Use SEO Analyzers to Rank Ahead of the Competition
The secret to finding success on the internet isn’t about coming up with the next big million dollar idea, or simply creating content better than the competition — it’s about continually adapting your website and business with the changing times and environment around you. A perfect example of this can be seen in the world of content management and SEO. We all know the important of ‘great content’, gaining backlinks and ranking in the search results, but far too many of us stop right after the latest publication goes live on our sites.
What site owners, brands, and businesses should be focusing on is the actual foundation of their sites, content, and link structures, while also looking for anywhere improvements can be made — and when it comes to content and SEO, there is always going to be more room for improvement.
Related blog posts and resources:
To help with this process, I wanted to provide my audience with a list of the best options available when it comes to SEO analyzers. The way these tools work is extremely simple. All you need to do is plug in your site URL, then the SEO analyzer gets to work and spits out a nifty report for you on what improvements can be made to your site. While the concept of analyzing your site and SEO is nothing new, it’s still something that many site owners continue to neglect, which is why it can give your site a huge advantage over the competition if you decide to put in the time, work and effort.
3 SEO Analyzer Tools Every Site Owner Should Use
Neil Patel has some of the most powerful and successful sites on the internet today. Not just in the eyes of his audience, but also in reference to Google and search ranking power as well. This is mainly as a result of his great content, numerous references on other sites and also the powerful tools that he offers to his audience.
One such tool is his SEO Analyzer, which is free to use, while also being extremely clean and easy to follow in the process. Through the screenshot above, you can see where you would enter in your own site URL and then add three competitor sites as well. This will allow you to not only analyze your own site, but also your competition as well.
There are four main component’s to this SEO Analyzer, which are:
- SEO Analysis – If you want more search traffic all you have to do is follow the website analysis report. It will point out all of the SEO errors you need to fix in order to increase your rankings.
- Content Marketing – Wondering what you should be blogging on? The content marketing report will show you the popular articles on your blog as well as your competitors’ sites so that you can write content that goes viral.
- Marketing Checklist – Feeling overwhelmed? There are a lot of things you can do to grow your traffic and sales, but I’ll prioritize them for you, so that way you focus on what’s important and get results.
- Competitive Intelligence – Are you wondering why your competitors are doing better than you? Well, you won’t guess anymore. Through the competitive analysis report you’ll be able to dissect your competition and compete with them.
After clicking the “Analyze” button, you will then be given a report on your site (based off each of the four factors above)… which includes Page Level SEO Score, Speed Score, Site Viewing Screenshots, content marketing reports and competition analysis. Reports can also be downloaded to PDF for continued viewing.
SEMRush Site Audit
When it comes to premium SEO tools and tracking, SEMRush is a name you’ve likely seen and used before. While the service offers much more than SEO analysis, we are going to stick with that feature for that concept of this article. Through their “Site Audit” project management tool, you can handle all aspects of your site, it’s content, ranking scores and overall SEO.
You can see an example of one of their reports above. In the “Overview” section of the report, you can quickly get an idea on the general health of a site through the listed Errors, Warnings, and Notices, while also being given a Total Score.
- Errors: Broken internal links, Returned Codes, Broken External Links, Broken Images
- Warnings: Missing ALT Attributes, Duplicate H1 Tags
- Notices: NoFollow Attributes, Blocked by Crawler
Another great feature of SEMRush and their Site Audit tool, is that you can make any recommended changes to your site, then run the report again and see how a site’s score improves almost instantly. As with Neil Patel’s SEO Analyzer, SEMRush also lets you take a look at the competition as well.
SEMRush is a premium tool, which has several premium plans to choose from (starting at $69/m), but they also offer a free trial account with limitations as well.
SEO Site Checkup
Another free SEO Analysis tool on the market is SEO Site Checkup — which is extremely fast, simple and easy to use. You can enter your URL on the main page to pull a quick SEO report, or you can sign up for a free account and have access to ongoing stats for your site. The option is also there to upgrade (starting at $19.95/m) to access even more features.
After running a free report from their main page (or within your member account), you will see a full report like the one above — which includes.
- Common SEO Issues – A review of existing meta tags, descriptions, Google search preview, keyword usage and more.
- Speed Optimizations – HTML Page Size Test, Compression Test, Image Tags, Minification Tests and more.
- Server and Security – URL Canonicalization, HTTPS Test, Safe Browsing, Plaintext Emails Test
- Mobile Usability – Mobile Snapshot of site, Media Query Responsive Test
- Advanced SEO – Microdata Schema Test, Noindex Tag Checker, Canonical Tag Checker, NoFollow Checker
All in all, it’s a pretty advanced report that site owners can get their hands on for free, simply by entering their email address and creating a trial account.
Run an SEO Analyzer Test on Your Site Right Now
It doesn’t matter what niche market you are in, or what you are trying to rank for… you are doing yourself a huge disservice if you aren’t actively monitoring the health of your site, it’s content, usability and search rankings.
Choose any (or all) of the SEO Analyzers above and run a quick report today!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: