Are You Ready to Launch Your Own Startup?
Do you have what it takes to make it as an entrepreneur or even to launch your own startup? Having been in the online marketing industry for over 15 years now, I’ve seen and heard it all. Everything from “I wish I was lucky like you” to “Wow, you have the best job ever!” and of course “What the heck do you do online anyway?” — no matter what you’ve heard, seen or been told, being an entrepreneur isn’t easy and you know this better than anyone!
Yes, it’s one of the greatest jobs in the world, but it’s also one that comes with massive stress, responsibility and an amazing amount of dedication and passion. On top of all of that, you also need to be extremely good at what you do!
Should you harness these powerful assets, skills and traits — you might just have what it takes to be an entrepreneur!
Once you’ve experienced the world of entrepreneurship, you may want to step your game up a level deeper by going live with your own startup. Startups are great because you can built a team of people around you, while working off the basics of what got you to where you already are today. However, as exciting and amazing as startups are, only a few will find longterm success.
To make sure your startup is ready for success and headed in the right direction, you need to map out a plan for your business from day one and make sure a solid foundation is in place. To help you with this process, I wanted to showcase this fun infographic from Designhill.com on startup success.
How Ready is Your Startup for Success?
Whether you already have a startup in place or planning to launch one in the coming weeks or months, walking through the infographic guide below will help you get off in the right direction.
Key questions and takeaways
- If you don’t already have a domain name for your startup or brand, you should register one immediately as thousands of names are registered daily. Once a domain is registered, it’s usually gone for good! A domain name is also one of the best ways to protect and brand yourself — so make sure it’s a good one! After grabbing your domain name, be sure to setup a nice looking web site for it as well.
- In addition to having a domain name and web site for your brand, a logo is something you should also consider adding into your arsenal. Logos are a great way to brand your business and make it stand out from the crowd. Need some ideas for a killer logo design? Check out these logos with hidden branding messages!
- The difference between being an entrepreneur and being a startup, is that one you can go alone, while the other is focused on eventually becoming a successful company (and building a team around you). When building your startup, be sure to focus on having a powerful and resourceful team of members around you. At the same time, you don’t always want to be the smartest person in the room.
- Social media is one of the most effective ways to not only reach your target audience, but also a great way to bring attention to your startup as well. Secure your profiles and usernames across all of the major social networks so your branding and name matches across all platforms. Also be sure to follow all industry experts within your niche and engage in their conversations to start putting your brand and expertise out there.
- As important as it is for you to know the ins-and-outs of your business, you also need to know everything about your competition as well. What do your customers love/hate and how can you improve upon? Through the use of the internet and online marketing tools, it’s never been easier to study and analyze your competition. Even if you aren’t studying them, there is a good chance someone else is studying you!
- Funding is one of the most important factors for many startups in the world today. Without a solid business and marketing plan, it will be hard to convince investors to push their money into your company. Be sure to always have all branding, marketing materials, financials and a business plan in place before trying to bring in outside investors.
- Not looking to raise money for your startup with a loan? Marc Cuban agrees!
Now that you’ve had the time to walk through some of the most asked questions when it comes to starting a successful startup, how did you do? Run through the infographic list a few times and jot down any notes or ideas that you may have along the way. Put these concepts into action and you will be much more likely to find longterm success!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: