“Blogging Tips” a #1 Best Seller on Amazon
Last week was the pre-launch of my new book “Blogging Tips: Confessions of a Six Figure Blogger” and during the 48 “free” promotion, over 9,000 copies of the book were downloaded through Amazon.com. I was actually expecting a much lower number, but thanks to all of the praise from the book and many people sharing it around the promotion went quite well.
At the high point the book was the #4 best seller out of ALL free NON-FICTION titles on Amazon, and ranked #22 of all free books on Amazon.
After the 48 hour free promotion, the book is still doing well and ranked #1 in the “Web Marketing” category.
Launching is Book is a Fun Learning Process!
Writing my own book has been a very time consuming yet amazing and awesome experience. The process of working with Amazon to get your book created, listed, printed and launched is quite the learning experience. There are plenty of books and guides out that that walk you through the process, but the best way to learn is to experience the full process yourself by launching a book of your own.
Here are a few pros and cons to note when launching your first book through Amazon.
- Con: Nearly everyone thinks they need to own a Kindle or iPad to read books from the “Kindle Store” on Amazon, but they don’t. All books can be read on any laptop or computer using the free Kindle Reader cloud app.
- Con: It’s much harder to get Amazon book sales/downloads versus offering a free PDF through your site. This is because your readers need to have a real Amazon account, and their products aren’t offered to all countries, such as Africa. For these reason alone the 9,000 copies requested during the 48 free promotion was quite excellent!
- Con: When offering a book through your own web site or blog, you might be building a mailing list by offering your book for free in exchange for an email. When using Amazon you don’t receive any customer / demographic information.
- Pro: Amazon is the largest online retailer in the world, so you get to piggy back off their online store and millions of customers. Create an author account on their site and sell through your store and you will gain valuable feedback and branding through their customer comments, ratings, recommendations and feedback.
- Pro: Once you have launched and promoted your book on Amazon, you can sit back and let the consumers and reviews work for you. Amazon is the largest store in the world, with millions of customers and the Kindle/ebook market is only getting bigger. This means you will have plenty of sales to come down the road, with little to no marketing dollars required.
- Pro: Even though you don’t get demographic and customer information, Amazon does provide you with a nice sales area through KDP which allows you to pull up real time reports 24 hours a day. This can be broken down by country and weekly/monthly reporting.
Right now the book is currently in the top #10 for the three categories that it was indexed in on Amazon.
If you’ve already grabbed a copy of the book, Thank you! If not, I’d love to get your thought on it. Please leave a review through Amazon.com.
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources:
9 Replies to ““Blogging Tips” a #1 Best Seller on Amazon”
Wow, congratulations on getting such a great response! I have my copy sitting on the Kindle app on my iPad. I’ll definitely be taking a look through soon 🙂
Thanks, appreciate it! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it!
Thanks for the killer post! Great job on getting #1 best seller on Amazon.
Thanks, it’s been so exciting to watch it bounce around on all of the top sellers lists.
I had the pleasure of downloading it for free (Thank you very very much!). Still reading it and making notes:-).
I would, however, include Jetpack by WordPress.com to Must-Have WordPress Tools & Plugins because it has great must-have (sub)plugins. Still, I would recommend this ebook to other bloggers who want to turn their “hobby” blogs into profitable blogs:-)
ps: great cover!!
Congrats on all your success man will be reading on my kindle app soon this is a huge accomplishment and gets your name out there to different audience!
Thanks, appreciate it! Please leave a review on Amazon and let everyone know what you think about it.
Start writing articles and share your content on your blog. Quality content that is well-written, original and helpful will keep people coming back to your blog. You should update your blog at least once a week if you want to build a solid presence. Be creative and apply yourself; proofread all your articles before you put them online and keep in mind that your style will improve as you practice. You do not have to limit yourself to articles; you can also share pictures, videos and podcasts on your blog.
My recent post Boosting Traffic By Injecting Links To Blogs
Wow, it is amazing news to me that 9,000 copies of the book were downloaded through Amazon.com as it is seem to me best selling. Now, I want to know how make it possible! Hi Pal, could you please tall me of your book author policy? If you tall me, I would be pleased to you. Thanks for knowing us!
Comments are closed.