ROTE 014: Joel Comm, Entrepreneur in the Business of Life
Thinking back to when I first started making money online in the mid to late 90s, it was quite an exciting time and much different from the internet that we all know and love today.
Related blog posts and resources:
Back then the internet was a lot less busy, much simpler and there was a lot less success and money flowing around. You also had IPOs and dot com stocks flying through the roof, but many of the companies quickly went bankrupt and really had no business model. Now companies are buying each other up for millions and billions of dollars like it was nothing.
One thing has stayed the same with the internet of 20 years ago and that of today — and that is the opportunity that is available for anyone who takes the time and effort to make something happen.
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 14 with Joel Comm
Joel Comm is a successful and well known speaker, author and of course an entrepreneur. Over the past nearly two decades Joel has been able to have his hands in many different projects and facets of internet marketing. He even has a Wikipedia page to document many of his various adventures, businesses and success online.
Of the many accomplishments of Joel’s, one that probably made the most impact was his ability to sell one of his first sites to Yahoo for seven figures. This allowed Joel to pay off any existing debts, mortgages and immediate costs he had at the time. Without the burden of high costs every month, Joel could focus his efforts on how to create amazing businesses and opportunities through the world of the internet.
Since then Joel has written New York Times best sellers, launched an extremely mobile app that went viral, brought reality TV to the internet and much more.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Joel’s first site and the successful sale of it to Yahoo
- Being one of the first to bring reality TV to the internet
- How writing books has helped grow Joel’s personal brand
- Creating mobile apps that scale and go viral
- Why Joel felt it was time for him to stay away for a bit
- What retail chain Joel worked behind the counter at
- Building a real business around your passion
- Three great Q&A questions for Joel in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the fourteenth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently featured in the “New and Noteworthy” section of “Management & Marketing” in the business section in iTunes and already downloaded in over 80+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY and THURSDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: