ROTE 015: John Chow, the Master of Blog Monetization
Starting my blog back in 2007 was one of the best things I ever did. It’s completely changed the way I do business and also how I run my life. Instead of making other people money through my own campaigns, it gave me the ability to focus on building my own brand and something that continually grows with time.
Creating a blog is very simple and only takes a few minutes, but creating a blog that has purpose or makes money is not so easy.
First you will need to come up with a great idea for your site, then write content that provides value and building a loyal audience over time. Building a legitimate and profitable blog takes time, hard work and dedication. However, at the same time blogging is one of the easiest ways for anyone to start a business online and it will only cost you a few dollars to get started. The end result could be priceless!
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 15 with John Chow
John Chow is one of the most well known and successful bloggers in the world. If you’ve ever Google’d “how to make money online” or “how to make money blogging”, you’ve probably come across his name and site several times.
The amazing thing about John Chow was that he was never supposed to make money with his blog in the first place. What was originally just going to be a blog on his personal life and what he ate for lunch, soon became a “money making case study”. As John learned new and exciting ways to monetize his blog content and audience, the money just kept rolling in.
Jump forward several years later and his blog is now generating over six-figures per month, and most of it recurring and automated through his amazing sales funnel system — all of which John talks about in this episode.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Turning the blog into a case study and earning $40k/m
- Getting thrown out of Google and seeing even more success
- How to create a sales funnel for any site or blog
- The importance of building a trustworthy brand
- Scaling your revenue per visitor instead of traffic
- Amazing opportunities for John since launching the blog
- Discover the weirdest things John Chow ever ate!
- Three great Q&A questions for John in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the fifteenth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes and has already been downloaded in over 90+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY and THURSDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: