ROTE 016: Syed Balkhi, the Wizard of WordPress
In the world of content generation, WordPress is king.
The internet before WordPress was much more basic (html), boring (static) and annoying (design/content issues)… and by these statements I mean that if you didn’t know how to program or design sites, you would likely be using HTML. Back in the mid-to-late 90s I used Microsoft FrontPage 97 software to design all my sites… and I used this same software for nearly ten years before switching over to my first WordPress site (this one) in 2007.
Since then I never looked back… now all of my sites are run through WordPress and it’s never been easier to create, manage and rank quality content.
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 16 with Syed Balkhi
Syed Balkhi is not only a master at WordPress, but he is also an awesome entrepreneur.
Since an early age Syed has always had a passion for business and building success. This could be seen from the early years of his life when he was just a kid in Pakistan and selling greeting cards. Then later in life while in high school, Syed started developing sites of his own while quickly discovering what the internet had to offer.
Today Syed runs some of the most powerful and heavily trafficked sites in the world… and yes, they are all powered with WordPress!
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Early signs up a successful entrepreneur as a kid
- Making the big move from Pakistan to the U.S.
- Playing games and making money in high school
- The discovery of WordPress changes everything
- Why Syed created WPBeginner to help WP users everywhere
- The creation of List25 and how it attracts millions weekly
- Syed disrupts with blogger industry with OptInMonster
- Three great Q&A questions for Syed in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the sixteenth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes and has already been downloaded in over 90+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY and THURSDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: