ROTE 019: Brad Waller and the Birth of Affiliate Marketing
Where would we be without affiliate marketing? One thing is for sure… and that’s that you wouldn’t be reading this blog or the podcast you are about to listen to!
Affiliate marketing has not only changed the way business and brands do business on the internet, but it’s also paved way for individuals of all facets of life to start a business of their own. Affiliate marketing offers a gateway to the business world that we have never seen before. There is no education or age requirement (though you are supposed to be 18), and the cost to get started is more about time and effort than money.
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur… the birth of affiliate marketing and how it’s greatly changed everything about online marketing over the past 20 years.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 19 with Brad Waller
Brad Waller is the Vice Presidents of Affiliate and Business Development for ePage.com, and has been for nearly the past 20 years!
I first met Brad back in 2001 while speaking at the AffiliateForce conference in Miami, which was actually on a cruise. Since then Brad and I have been part of a tight niche group of affiliate marketers who were in this game from the beginning and still benefiting from it all today.
In addition to everything else that Brad has been doing in the affiliate marketing space for the past 20 years, he’s also been working on mobile apps, helping out in the education space and also enjoying his passion for cars.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Brad’s journey from physics to the world of online marketing
- The first affiliate programs in the mid to late 90s
- How affiliate markets has changed over the years
- Building apps and expanding into the mobile industry
- Life in the heart of the internet and living in California
- Brad’s decision to get active in his local education space
- Three great Q&A questions for Brad in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the nineteenth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 90+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY and THURSDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: