ROTE 023: Stephan Spencer and the Science of SEO
Google is the largest and most powerful search engine in the world and millions of people are using it to find your competitor’s sites everyday. So why does Google rank your competition higher than you? It all comes down to the content and backlinks of your site.
No matter what type of web site or online business you have, you need links. More importantly than how many links you get, are the quality and type of links.
The content of your site also has to be great.
At the end of the day the combination of these two factors will determine the success of your business and how it ranks in the search results.
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 23 with Stephan Spencer
Stephan Spencer is an SEO expert. He’s also the author of Google Power Search and co-author of The Art of SEO… so it’s safe to say he knows his stuff when it comes to SEO and ranking sites in the search results.
How sites rank in the search results can go all the way back to before 2000, which is when Stephan and his NetConcepts company started getting heavy into SEO services. The thing about SEO is that it’s always changing, so to be one of the best SEO experts in the industry, Stephan is continually at the forefront of the industry and connecting with some of the most successful experts, businesses and brands in the world.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- How a Masters in Biochemistry helped forge the way for SEO
- Creating a design and marketing company, then focusing on SEO
- Best practices for sites and business to rank in the search results
- Stephan’s list of favorite SEO tools for tracking results
- The impact of publishing SEO books and being recognized as an expert
- Favorite conferences and how to network at industry events
- How Chloe (Stephan’s daughter) made her first ad dollars online
- The transitional moment that changed Stephan’s life forever
- Three great Q&A questions for Stephan in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the twenty-third episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY and THURSDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: