ROTE 026: Rachel Honoway, From Intern to CEO
As entrepreneurs we get to experiment a lot with our lives and business. For instance, running your own business on the internet. You don’t need to put in endless hours of college or go through training to actually get started. And for those of us with a business of our own, many of us even have that highly sought after title of “CEO” — yes, even though many times they are a one person company.
However, there are also millions of people who come into the industry every year and have to start from the bottom, in hopes to eventually make it to the top someday. The journey from entry level positions and interns to top positions such as CEO or President are definitely accomplishments to be proud of.
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 26 with Rachel Honoway
Rachel Honoway is the CEO of For Me To Coupon. However it’s not her current position that we are focusing on, instead it’s the great journey that’s led her to where she is today.
The start of Rachel’s journey in the world of online marketing is nearly 20 years in the making. Rachel’s first job was at an internet marketing company called Kowabunga, where she first came in as an intern. As the company continued to grow in size, so did Rachel’s daily tasks and her job title. The company was soon acquired and Rachel was then managing more of the company than ever before. Once leaving Kowabunga, Rachel had a wide range of opportunities over the years before ending up at For Me To Coupon, where she is the CEO today — which is all discussed in this latest episode.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- How Rachel first got thrown into the world of online marketing
- Personal and business growth with Kowabunga
- The importance of networking and speaking at conferences
- Transitioning from a small business to a corporate environment
- Rachel’s new positions at Lurn and For Me To Coupon
- How to make money in the coupon / ecommerce niche
- Three great Q&A questions for Rachel in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the twenty-sixth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY and THURSDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: