ROTE 054: Annie Coryat and the Constant Change of the Internet
In the world of online marketing and the internet… there is only one constant — and that’s that things will always change.
When I first started making money online back in 1995, I was focusing on creating content sites and earning commissions through the Amazon.com affiliate program. Next I moved into email marketing and pushing affiliates offers on a CPA basis. Shortly after that I was creating my own sites, but instead of pushing affiliate offers, I was actually doing my own lead gen and building a mailing list in the process.
As you can see, staying ahead of the game and always knowing what’s next is key to building a successful business on the internet.
All of this and more in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 54 with Annie Coryat
Annie Coryat is an internet marketing expert and veteran in the industry. Annie was also employee number eight at ValueClick Media, which has helped grow the affiliate marketing landscape into what it is today.
Back in the mid to late 90s’ I first met Annie when she was working with ValueClick and OnResponse, which was one of the first affiliate networks at the time. Over the years Annie has made her mark on many different companies, while also helping them grow in size and reach their target audience.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Being employee #8 at ValueClick
- Annie’s journey and the constant changes in online marketing
- Transitions in the affiliate marketing space over the past 20 years
- The growth of social media and how to attract new audiences
- Targeting a female audience in the shopping / coupon industry
- What companies do wrong when trying to scale in size
- Three great Q&A questions for Annie in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the fifty-fourth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: