ROTE 060: Mike Salvaggio and How to Build an SEO Empire
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
SEO is still one of the most powerful and effective ways to drive high quality traffic and leads online. Once your site ranks at the top of the search results, you’ve eliminated the need to pay for traffic.
Of course getting to the top of the search results is easier said then done. Every site owner thinks they are an SEO expert, but with so many new changes being made by Google on a daily basis, it’s extremely tough to maintain your dominance for any high traffic keyword.
For times like these, many site owners will go to the experts to find what it takes to rank their site in the search results, the keywords they should target and the estimated costs to get there.
That’s exactly what we are going to be covering today in the latest episode of Rise of the Entrepreneur with Mike Salvaggio.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 60 with Mike Salvaggio
Mike Salvaggio is an entrepreneur and the Co-Founder and SEO Brand, a digital marketing agency.
An entrepreneur at heart, Mike and his partner got their start right out of business school as they were developing their own sites and seeing some great results through organic search listings. After seeing continued success with their own sites and earning a decent amount of revenue through affiliate marketing, they decided to try and scale the company to become a full-service SEO agency. Over the coming years, Mike and his partner would fund their SEO agency with their own money (through credit cards) and also slowly scale the company from just the two of them, to several employees and also two office locations in both the US and Canada. Today Mike and his team at SEO Brand now hand online marketing for some of the largest brands and businesses on the internet.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Mike’s journey and how he turned a side project into a million dollar business
- Scaling a business from two people to offices and staff
- The process behind SEO and learning what your clients need
- SEO tactics every site owner can implement right now
- Affiliate marketing and the rise of nutraceuticals
- How going back to school made Mike a better entrepreneur
- Three great Q&A questions for Mike in the Pit of Fire
-> Download this episode to your computer.
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the sixtieth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: