Five Reasons Why You Still Aren’t Making Money Online
One of the most misconceived and annoying views people have on online/affiliate marketers, is that you are doing something illegal to make money… or simply that you make money so easily. In truth, it’s anything but. There is no other industry where a teenage kid, out of his room can make thousands of dollars per day. This is the magic of online marketing and when the dedication and effort is put forth, the dreams of financial stability can come true. Unfortunately, no matter how long we continue to make money and share our stories, there are still those who aren’t willing to take the next step to “try” and start making money online.
Over the years I have heard a lot of excuses why others have not tried making money online. I listed them below and my reasons why they should not be excuses at all, but instead motivation.
I Don’t Have Any Money
– When I first started making money online in my mid teens, everything I did was without advertising costs. At this point I was still learning everything and affiliate marketing was very new. I started building up my own sites (used free web software), hosted them on free AOL pages, getting them listed in search engines (free listings), link trading with other sites and building up mail lists (free mailing list hosting). It wasn’t till a year or two after that I actually started to spend money on growing my sites and my finally getting my own shared/dedicated hosting. One the small amount of money came in, I was able to save up and it was soon an overflow of monthly revenue, increasing each money. If not having money to spend on advertising is your main, this is one of the last reasons and most critical reason why you should start making money online. (Granted, there is much more competition today than there was 10 years ago, but the opportunity to make money without putting a lot of money up front still exists.)
I Don’t Have the Time
– Everyone’s time is valuable, which makes working for yourself that much more important. It’s understandable that you already have a job and have other errands and tasks to take care of. However, if you can take a few hours a week to start learning about making money online and how you can build something small and grow it over time, you will free up that much more time in your life later on. Think of your time as an investment.
I Know Nothing About Online Marketing
– The best part about the online marketing community, is how much everyone is open to sharing ideas and helping others out. There are thousands of great blogs out there which provide detailed information on all marketing types. Whether you are looking to make money with blogging, ppc marketing or building up your own site. The information is out there, and best if all it’s free.
Everything Has Already Been Done
– As much as it may seem that every niche is saturated and there aren’t any ways to make money online… it’s the complete opposite. To think there aren’t any new methods to make money online is just ridiculous. Millions of new ideas and marketing efforts are created every day, it’s just a matter of pushing them and making it work. Just think about social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace… they were even around too long ago and they are massively huge now. What’s the next big (or small) idea that no one has grasped onto yet?
I’m Not Business / Entrepreneurial Material
– The last point and usually most discouraging is, how many people simply feel they do not have what it takes succeed in a business environment. I’ll be the first to tell you, it does take a certain type of mindset to successful run a business and succeed more than others. However, how many people out there hate their every day jobs and are barely making enough for everyday life. The big question to ask yourself is, would you rather continue hating your job and working for someone else, or learn what it takes for work for yourself and potentially greatly improve your lifestyle.
What everyone needs to realize is making money online is not an over night success. How many years did you go to school, then on to college? How much of an investment did you spend on college before moving on to your job? The ability to make money online is no different, the time and effort must be there.
So what’s your excuse?
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: