Free Online Logo Creator. Yes, It’s Actually Free!
Looking to create an online logo for your site but don’t want to sell out a lot of money? Heck, we all do… and in this article I’m going to show you how.
If you ever went to Google and searched for “free online logo creator“, you will no doubt have seen the endless sites that offer so-called ‘free logo creation’ services… however, once you start designing on their site, you then need to pay $29-$50+ to actually download and use any original art or templates you just created. I hate the concept of these sites and they’ve gotten me a few times as well.
When creating a logo for a new site, it’s expected that you won’t want to spend a lot of money on a design, mostly because your site is new and probably isn’t making any more. For times like these, I highly recommend using OnlineLogoMaker.com — where you can design and create a simple logo design for your site and actually download and use it for free.
Using the Online Logo Maker Dashboard
With any logo design editor, you are going to need a powerful yet easy to use dashboard area. For OnlineLogoMaker.com this is not an issue. Once you access their site, all you need to do is click on the Start Online Logo Maker link and you will be sent to their web based logo editor, as shown in the screenshot below.
This is all done without the need to register on their site, which makes it easy for anyone to quickly test out what their site has to offer. Once you’ve created a design you like, you can then register on their site for free and download the file to use it however you like.
There are many components of the logo design dashboard area, and I’ve listed the main areas for you below.
- The Working Panel is your main workspace. From here you can customize all elements of your design, such as images, text, colors and sizing.
- The Toolbar area is where you can add different objects, save your work and also download your completed logo design.
- The Objects Panel is where you can see the many different layers of your design, each in its own element. This allows you to sort, rename and delete any modifications you don’t feel are necessary to your design.
- The Properties Bar along the bottom of the editor will allow you to make various changes to your logo design, such as object positioning, adding shadows, sizing and rotation and also changing how your font looks.
As a site owner, you have many options when it comes to logo design — but having complete control with your own free designer is one of the best routes to go.
How to Customize the Look and Feel of Your Logo Design
The main components of any logo design are the text and images. Both of these components can be selected and modified within the “Objects” area. The “A” symbol is to change your TEXT, while the star is for adding different symbols and images to your logo.
While using the “Objects” area, you can also add, remove and edit any of these areas by clicking on their respective icons as shown below.
It’s not just about knowing that you can add text or images to your logo, it’s also about what built-in features OnlineLogoMaker.com has to offer as well. To highlight these features, I’ve listed a few details below.
- Symbol – With over a thousand different symbols available through their site, you won’t have any problems finding the right image to match the look or feel of the site/brand you are trying to represent. Other logo design makers usually charge for image and icon access, but OLM is 100% free.
- Text – Just like the images being used in your logo, you also want to have different fonts and colors within your text as well. To customize the size, look and feel of any text areas that you add to your design, simply click on the icon found in the Properties Bar.
- Image – While it’s a huge bonus for OLM to offer their own symbols and fonts to use, what if you have an icon or design you would like to use within a new logo design? Simple. All you need to do is click the icon that looks like a world with an arrow and you can grab any existing file from your computer and upload it to their site — again, all 100% free to use.
You can see a preview of the many different free symbols offered through OnlineLogoMaker.com in the screenshot below. As you can see, there are many different categories to choose from.
At the beginning of the post I talked about the annoyance of the many different logo design editors out there and how they give you everything, but then charge for you to actually download and use anything you might create with their site. While this is a viable business method, it’s quite annoying for anyone that wants to create a free logo.
After spending just a few minutes on their site, I was able to easily create a high-quality and original logo of my own. I even downloaded it for free, without ever being asked to pay money or enter payment information.
The next time you are looking to create a free logo design for your site or brand, be sure to check out http://www.onlinelogomaker.com.
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: