Using LogoMyWay.com to Create a Killer Logo Design
I always talk about the importance of creating a killer logo design for your brand or blog. Not only are logos great looking, but it’s one of the best ways to leave a lasting impression on your audience. It’s the first thing they see when they visit your site and if it’s a good logo, it’s one they will remember and associate with your content over time.
This is exactly what I did with the ZacJohnson.com logo. The “Zac” toon mascot is the face of my personal brand and I’ve also associated a text based version of the logo to the site as well. Keeping your logo consistent and viewable across all of your sites and social networks is a great way to really “brand” your logo into the minds of your audience.
How to Create a Killer Logo for Your Site
Creating a really great logo is not easy, and depending on who you use it’s also not cheap. Around ten years ago I created a logo for one of my other sites and I used a high end logo design agency. It cost around $800 for the design, but they only developed three drafts for me to work off of and it was only one guy who was doing all of this creation. Fortunately the logo came out awesome and I got all of the file formats and design work I needed done.
The problem with this model is the following:
- The cost is way too high.
- You are limited on design by only have one designer.
- Restrictions on design and revisions from high end agencies.
The good news is that the internet and crowd-sourcing has completely changed the way we can get graphic work done online.
No matter what designer or method you are going to take to create a logo for your site or brand, you need to make sure you are happy with the result and that it represents your brand identity well. One of my favorite logo design sites is LogoMyWay.com. I’ve written about them before and love using their service.
Using LogoMyWay to Create Amazing Logo Designs
I’m currently working on a complete revamp of Blogging.org and have been focusing on a concept for a new logo. The first place I went was LogoMyWay, as I wanted to see what ideas and concepts designers could come up with for the site.
The cost for a logo design contest on their site starts at $200 and goes up from there depending on how many entries you would like to receive.
My Blogging.org logo design contest ended up receiving 350 submissions, which is crazy! This means I really only had to pay less than $.75 for each concept that was submit through their site. Try and get those types of numbers on any other logo design site or agency!
Once you contest is live on LogoMyWay, you can then login to your account and start viewing the different submissions that continually come through from new designers. As the person who created the contest, it’s your job to rank the designs and post any comments or recommendations to get the logo design the exact way you want it.
When the contest is over you can pick the winner and download all of the files from within your account.
CUIP-1 was the actual winner designer for this contest and you can also view all of his other winner designs through his portfolio page as well.
How LogoMyWay is Different from other Contest Sites
There are plenty of logo design contest sites out there, but choosing the right one for you can be a pain in the butt. Many of them will vary in prices, services offered and design quality. LogoMyWay is a great site that continues to grow in size and they also offer the following services for everyone who uses their site.
- Each client has a dedicated account manager with a direct phone number and email with any questions or concerns. LogoMyWay is there to help them through the process in anyway.
- LMW guarantees the proper files. For example if your designer couldn’t deliver the vector files we step in with our in-house designer and deliver all the files you need until you’re 100% satisfied.
- If your contest ends and you don’t see a winner we will extend the contest until you find a logo you love. Our main goal is every client walks away with a logo they absolutely love.
- All contests are prepaid upfront so the designers work harder with more submissions knowing their hard work will be rewarded and a winner will be selected. If you look at our portfolio compared to others you will see the difference in quality.
The next time you are in the market for a complete redesign of your existing logo or to create something original and fresh, I recommend you take a look at LogoMyWay.com.
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: