How to Make Money with eBay Partner Network
As one of the most popular websites on the internet, it would only be fitting for eBay to have a great partner program associated with their site. With millions of people accessing their site at any given moment, partnering with the world’s largest shopping and auction site as a source of revenue is simply a no brainer.
While the core business of eBay has been around for over 20 years, their partner program and how they pay out commissions has evolved over time. In this eBay Partner Network (EPN) review, we are going to take a look at everything eBay currently has to offer, while also covering how site partners can make the most money by promoting eBay to their audiences and also what’s currently working best for site partners today.
eBay Partner Network at a Glance
We are all familiar with the concept of eBay and how users bid on items and purchase products through their site. The majority of people reading this blog are also familiar with the concept of affiliate marketing, where you earn a commission for sending a lead or new customer to a website. When you combine them both together, you get eBay Partner Network.
Before joining any affiliate or partner network, the most common questions are how to make money with the program, what the payout commissions are and when payments will be sent out. We’ve answered each of these questions for you below.
What do I get paid?
EPN partners are paid out a commission based on the revenue that eBay earns from each transaction. This commission amount is between 40% and 80% depending on the product type. The important thing to note here is that you a paid a commission on “eBay’s revenue” and not the final sale price of items on eBay.
A commission is earned when a site partner sends someone to eBay and they make a purchase within 24-hours, even if the auction may take up to 10 days to end. You can see an example of three of the most popular commission payouts based on Toys, Electronics and Fashion below. For a full breakdown on all commission payouts, refer to eBay’s rate card.
When do I get paid?
Commissions are paid out to eBay Partner Network members on a monthly basis when the minimum threshold of $25 is met. Payments are sent out via Direct Deposit.
How do I get paid?
Similar to other affiliate or advertising networks, eBay Partner Network users have access to campaign stats, earnings, and commissions through the EPN Publisher Portal. eBay tracks all purchases and posts your earnings the day after the sale occurred. Stats and earnings per click details can be viewed from within the EPN Publisher Portal.
The Many Benefits of Partnering with eBay
Now that we have the core basics of eBay Partner Network covered, let’s talk about some of the many benefits to promoting and partnering with a site like eBay. eBay currently has over 162 million active buyers on the site and more than 5 million sellers offering over $70 billion in annual merchandise sales. Throw in eBay’s global reach and another 291 million people on their mobile app to the mix and you have quite the earnings opportunity for nearly any website, blog or audience.
In short, since eBay is such a well-known and trusted brand, all you really need to do is point your audience to their site and they do the rest of the work for you. Either by recommending individuals product listings or sending users directly to eBay’s main page, your commissions can quickly add up over time.
Through the use of the “Earnings Calculator” found on the EPN site, you can play around with different products and volume numbers to see what type of commissions you could be earning. For example, if you were to refer a bunch of traffic to eBay and it resulted in 15 sales of an iPad Mini 4, you would be looking at around $453.60 in potential earnings — just for referring users to eBay!
As a eBay Network Partner, you will have access to the following features and benefits.
- Competitive payout ranging from 50%-70% of eBay’s revenue, with double commissions on purchases from new and reactivated eBay.com buyers that you drive from your site
- Over 1,000 new Buy It Now deals posted daily in top categories such as Fashion, Tech, Home, Kids, and more
- Some Daily Deals guaranteed to be best on the web pricing
- Free shipping on all Daily Deals
- Affiliate newsletters with advanced notice on upcoming deals
- RSS feeds available for Daily Deals
EPN Partners can also stay up to date on the latest news and trends with their program through their blog.blog
How to Earn Double Commissions with eBay
Not only does eBay have one of the most well-branded partner programs in the world, they also have generously high payouts and promotions for their partners as well. A perfect example of this is their “eBay Partner Network Double Commissions for first 2 months” promotion.
You can view the full details on how it works below.
- EPN will double commissions during the accounts first three calendar months. The first calendar month, which begins the day when the EPN application is submitted, plus the following two calendar months comprise the three month period. Please note the first calendar month may be a partial month based on the application date.
- Double commissions bonus will be applied to the account the same month the earnings were accrued and will be labeled “Double Commissions Bonus”.
- Double commissions bonus capped monthly at 5,000 (based on account currency).
- Only new EPN accounts that have been approved and are in good standing are eligible.
- EPN account commissions will revert to standard EPN rate card at the conclusion of the third month.
- This offer is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.
- This offer is void in the event of fraud, mistake, or any failure to satisfy any terms of the offer.
- eBay reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or modify this offer at any time.
How to Join eBay Partner Network
Joining eBay Partner Network is fast and easy. All you need to do is visit https://partnernetwork.ebay.com/en/home and complete the signup details or login with your existing eBay account. Once you are setup and approved as a partner, you can then start promoting your referral links to your audience and track your performance from within the EPN Publisher Portal.
To make the most money with EPN, be sure to integrate eBay links within your content and especially when recommending any items or products that people can purchase through the site. Product review sites, coupon directories and any content focused around fashion, automotive, collectibles, electronics and technology seem to perform extremely well with EPN.
The most important thing to remember is that nearly everyone already knows what eBay is and how to shop through their site. As a partner of eBay, it’s in your best interest to send as much high-quality traffic to their site and let the end user find what they are looking for, and simply earning a commission off their experience.
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: