Normally I wouldn’t post about sports, but my favorite NBA team, the Orlando Magic, are in the playoffs once again! It’s only been 15 years since they last (and first time) made the finals, and that was when they had Shaq. Now they have Superman 2.0 in Dwight Howard vs. the Laker’s “Black Mamba”, Kobe Bryant. The Lakers are heavily favored to win, but the Cavs were also heavily favored to destroy the Magic… and guess what happened!
Though I’m from NJ, I’ve always loved the Magic since I started watching basketball in 92, and went to my first game in Orlando in 95, then met Shaq and the whole team at a pub afterwards. I already got a few tickets to see the Magic play the 76ers in the first round, and I’m looking to make it down to Orlando for at least one of their home games during the finals.
I decided to throw together a quick contest for all of you NBA and sports fans out there to participate in. Simply post in the comments section, who you think will win the NBA Finals, in how many games, and the final score of the deciding game.
Your comment entry should look something like the following: (which is my official entry!)
Magic in 6 Games (110-76)
The entry with the closest correct answer, will win an authentic NBA player jersey of their choice, or a custom NBA jersey with your own Name and Number (any team). These run for $199.99 a piece at NBA.com. You may only enter once and must live within US or CANADA.
The deadline for entries is GAME 2, which takes place on June 7th.
NBA Finals Schedule is Below:
– Game 1: Thursday, June 4 – Orlando at L.A. – 9PM ET on ABC
– Game 2: Sunday, June 7 – Orlando at L.A. – 8PM ET on ABC
– Game 3: Tuesday, June 9 – L.A. at Orlando – 9PM ET on ABC
– Game 4: Thursday, June 11 – L.A. at Orlando – 9PM ET on ABC
– Game 5*: Sunday, June 14 – L.A. at Orlando – 8PM ET on ABC
– Game 6*: Tuesday, June 16 – Orlando at L.A. – 9PM ET on ABC
– Game 7*: Thursday, June 18 – Orlando at L.A. – 9PM ET on ABC