Super Affiliate Panel Recap
Weeks before AffiliateSummit even started, Kris Jones said this would be one of the most talked about and anticipated sessions of the event. He was right, the Super Affiliate panel with John Chow, Amit Mehta, Kris Jones and myself ended up being a full session with plenty of attendees left standing, as all seats were taken. To start the session off, each of us went through a quick intro then we went into a Q&A format for the session.
Each of the speakers had a different area that they specialize in. John Chow is a master in the blog area, Amit is the King of ppc marketing, Kris Jones is a legendary marketers and I have a pretty solid base over most marketing areas and focus on content sites and services. Almost all of the questions during the session were targeted towards pay per click and search marketing… since Amit is the master in this field, he was asked most of the questions, and always had a valuable answer.
Amit Mehta, John Chow, Myself & Kris Jones
The session was packed and many were left to stand during the session.
Since the session mainly focused on ppc marketing and search questions, here is a recap of a few of the topics / answers covered by Amit Mehta:
– Find something that works. Replicate the process and keep scaling it for better profits and volume.– Focus on one keyword per adgroup. Recommends using EfficientPPC. (Adwords Editor as Best Tool)
– Amit also recommends WinnerAlert, which helps with your adwords testing.
– When creating a landing page, include links to content pages at bottom. Make sure to have a Privacy Page and About Us page. The addition of a blog or actual content related to your product or keyword.
– Target long tail keywords for long term traffic and growth.
– Google Ad Spots 3-5 are most Recommended
– Quality Score and ad position are relative. CTR% will also be measured different based on position.
In the end, the session went well and I thank Kris Jones for pulling such an excellent panel together. I know everyone on the panel enjoyed the session and event, and are looking forward to what Affiliate Summit East in Boston has to offer. If you missed the event, what type of questions would you have asked the super affiliate panel?
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: