Finding the best affiliate network for your web site or ad campaigns is always a challenge, there are just so many to choose from. Fortunately, we can thank the competition between all of the networks to do the dirty work for us, of recruiting new advertisers, handling payments and everything else we really don’t want to deal with.
While there are thousands of ad networks out there, we will focus this topic on three of the larger networks out there; Shareasale, LinkShare, Commission Junction and Google Adsense. One of the best ways to compare these affiliate networks against each other, is through the use of an infographic. (view full size here)
Top Affiliate Networks Compared
The infographic for this topic is pretty large, so I’ve highlighted a few of the key notes shown in the image.
- Shareasale pays $150 for each new referred merchant
- Linkshare has 10 million partners
- 62% of the Top 500 retailers are using CJ.com
- Top Linkshare Clients: GoDaddy, JC Penny, American Express, 1800Flowers & Avon
- Top CJ Clients: Zappos, Dell, Yahoo, Overstock, Buy.com and Home Depot
- Google Adsense pays out 68% to their publishers
- 28% of Google’s revenue in Q1 of 2011 came from Adsense
- 75 out of 100 of “Hot 100 Retail Web Sites” have an affiliate program
- 41% of affiliates promote health, sport and fitness related offers
Thanks to our friend Dona Collins, for creating this amazing affiliate marketing infographic. Dona Collins can be found doing infographics or writing financial articles for CreditLoan.Com, if you want to find out more about her visit CreditLoan Blog.
– Did any of the affiliate marketing stats surprise you?