I have had my free report on my blog since its inception because Zac taught me in his free report ‘Six Figure Affiliate Blogging‘ how important it is to get your free report up as soon as you can. If you don’t, you miss out on all the potential benefits of the traffic you garner from day one.
I am constantly learning from Zac and other affiliate bloggers, and since launching my Self Publishing Blog I have been looking at and reading a lot of blogs in different niches to look at their presentation, functionality and of course, content. Yes, chances are very good I have been reading yours too.
What I notice on a lot of blogs – good blogs – is that many of them DON’T have a free report they are giving away. Let me delve into the five reasons why bloggers don’t have one on their blogs.
1. Bloggers don’t necessarily see themselves as authors.
Let’s be honest with each other. A free report is really a book. It is a non-fiction literary achievement where you pour out a lot of yourself and your own knowledge gathered over the years. Bloggers don’t necessarily see themselves as authors the way I do. You are a writer, aren’t you? Well, if you are, then why can you not publish a book? Even though you’re giving it away for free, you’ve got the future benefits in sight.
2. There are too many stumbling blocks
Sure, all these points may be seen as stumbling blocks, but specific stumbling blocks are prevalent in both publishing a free report and your own book too. Some of the stumbling blocks include:
- You’re strapped for cash. I know a lot of programs are sold telling you that you can make money overnight, but the truth is that it takes at least some money to make money. My current investment in my business is around $2000, and that’s excluding the money I spent publishing my various books.
- It takes time to get the hang of publishing. Even if it’s only a free report, you need a mentor to help guide you through the process that includes things you may not know how to do. Time is often a factor for people who fail to complete the process
- Do people care? Many times writers struggle with the fact that not everybody would want to read their ‘information’ or agree with their statements. The fear of rejection is one of the main reasons people don’t step out and share their knowledge with the world.
- People are trying to be too perfect. This is not only the reason bloggers don’t have a free report; it is also the reason some authors never finish their books. Being excessively critical will cause you to never get your free report up.
3. They don’t see the potential of a free report.
Bloggers don’t have a free report on their blogs because they don’t know about the potential it could add to their online business. Here are a few of the benefits of a free report:
- You build your email list progressively as your blog grows. This will help you with affiliate sales, mentoring and product launches in the future. This list is targeted, because of the report.
- A free report has links built into it, sending traffic to your blog and adding to your sales and affiliate sales.
- It will establish you as an expert in your field and on your blog topic.
- A free report has a great opportunity to go viral, which your blog may not have at the outset.
4. They don’t see their blog having business potential.
Bloggers may just be blogging as a hobby and therefore, because it is a hobby to them, they don’t see it as a business. A good example is photography; many don’t see it as a business but only a hobby. Truth is, if a free report was given away teaching people tricks of the photography trade, the free report would build a customer list to which you could sell niche products such as lenses, pods, bags and so on.
5. They get bogged down on the design.
Many times bloggers get up to having their report written but then get bogged down with the design details. There’s so much to check out: the book layout, the cover design, the incorporation of logos with pictures, etc. While they may do all that with blogging, a pdf doesnâ€™t have an image upload. Even though this may seem daunting, there are ways to get this done without headaches.
Can you identify some of the above reasons why you don’t have a free report on your blog? Can you see the inherent potential a free report could lend to your blogs potential? Well, you don’t have to struggle anymore. We have a great free offer for you.
Special competition offer:
I am working on a mentoring program to help bloggers get their reports professionally done. Zac and I are working together on giving his readers a great free offer. We are offering 5 of his readers the following free service:
I, Ivin Viljoen will:
- Guide you with writing the best report you can possibly compile.
- Have it professionally proofread and edited.
- Assist in formatting the document.
- Help with the cover design.
- Optimize affiliate links within the report.
- Teach you how to set up your autoresponder program.
- Provide advice on what to write for your 3 month autoresponder cycle with articles and affiliate products that fit your niche.
- Get your report in the most visible positions on your blog to harvest the most sign ups.
What do you need to do to get this great free offer? All you have to do is comment on this article and tell why you want this service and what you believe it could do for your blogging business. Zac will choose the best 5 comments to win this awesome prize.
To qualify you will need the following:
A blog around six months old with targeted content written about your niche.
NOT have a free report on your blog now.
NOT have an email list yet.
Be hungry for success.
Be committed to getting your free report done.
The winner will be chosen one month from now when the comments have slowed down.
This guest post was written by Ivin Viljoen is a self publishing expert teaching bloggers that self publishing is a secret monetization method. Get your free copy of his â€˜Self Publishing How to…â€™ book on his blog.