No matter what your focus is in life… whether it’s your family, job, business or whatever else you enjoy doing — at some point it all comes down to money.
Money allows us to work less and enjoy the great things that life has to offer. However if we don’t have money then we need to work more and likely have a lot more to stress about as well.
Life shouldn’t be this way… but it is. The less you know about money and how to make it, the more likely you are to have less of it. This can also be true of taking advantage of free money programs that are available for nearly anyone in the United States — whether you are poor, educated or already a millionaire! What I’m referring to are government grants.
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 17 with Matthew Lesko
Matthew Lesko is a best selling author, entrepreneur and self-proclaimed government grants researcher. As you can imagine… he’s also known as “The Question Mark Guy”.
If you’ve watched any television over the past 20 years, there is no doubt that you’ve seen Matthew Lesko and his “free money” infomercials airing throughout the day and especially during the night. Over $500 billion is paid out annually by the United States through government grants and Matthew has created his business around providing people with the information they are looking for, while also spreading awareness on these grants.
Not only has Lesko been in the government grants business for over 30 years, he’s also been adapting his business several times over — from books, to television, internet and now the future of raising money through crowdsourcing.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- How Matthew got the idea for his crazy question mark suit
- What government grants are and how they work
- Government grants are for everyone and not just lower income
- Big name companies like Apple and Nike are using government grants
- Transitioning business from books, to TV to internet
- The future of crowdsourcing and raising money online
- Three great Q&A questions for Matthew in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the sixteenth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes and has already been downloaded in over 90+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY and THURSDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!