The concept of buying a brand new domain name through a domain registrar for the low price of registration and flipping it for quick cash is rare, yet it still happens on a daily. What’s more unique and important is knowing how to find these domains before they become of interest to others.
Just think about it… thousands of domains are being registered this very moment and another 60,000 domains expire daily. How valuable will they be a day, week or year from now when someone else wants it?
Just like any legitimate business, there’s a lot more to domain buying and selling than just coming up with a good name and hoping for the best.
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 29 with Adam Dicker
Adam Dicker is the master of domain names. At the age of 18, Adam was offered a six figure job in the world of technology, from there he got involved in the domain industry and the rest is history.
Today Adam holds one of the largest and most prominent portfolios of Canadian based domain names, while also owning a wide range of valuable domain names across all TLDs. One of Dicker’s domain names was even sold for seven figures and many more in the six figure range.
Even better than all of the success surrounding Adam and his business, is his willingness to be open and help others… which you will see firsthand in this episode.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Adam’s decision to take his first job offer or continue with school
- How Adam got into the domain industry and his first domain
- The value of domain names based on their TLD extension
- Thought process behind finding, buying and selling domains
- Domain parking vs. building out your own sites
- Various tips, tricks and advice on the world of domaining
- Three great Q&A questions for Adam in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the twenty-ninth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY and THURSDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!