ROTE 031: Brook Schaaf and the Rise of Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is been on a massive upward climb over the past 20 years and it’s been quite a journey for anyone who got in early and really got to experience it’s growth.
Related blog posts and resources:
Today affiliate marketing is still the backbone and core infrastructure for many million dollar companies on the internet. Just take a look at Amazon.com, they wouldn’t be where they are today if they didn’t start with affiliate marketing back in the mid 90s.
While Amazon may be the most well known brand for getting into the affiliate marketing game early, new and established companies are still highly active and just jumping in for the first time daily. This means there is a whole world of business and money to be made in the world of affiliate program management and promotions.
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 31 with Brook Schaaf
Brook Schaaf is the CEO of Schaaf-PartnerCentric, an outsourced affiliate program management agency, who has also been in the industry since 2000.
From getting thrown into the internet marketing industry during it’s infancy, it was then that Brook got to experience to growth and potential of online and affiliate marketing. Brook was an affiliate manager for huge sites such as Zappos, Shoes and Edmunds.com, then took what he knew about the industry and applied it to his own business idea and started his own affiliate management company.
Today Brook and his team now manage over 60 different affiliate programs and work with some of the most well known and branded companies in the world to help them further their reach and lead generation online.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Starting with Zappos and ending up as an affiliate manger
- Building an affiliate management agency with his brother Forrest
- How to manage affiliate programs for top brands around the world
- What brands should do before going live with an affiliate program
- The complexities of effective affiliate program management
- Great areas for affiliate marketers to make money in today
- The thought process behind attending & speaking at different events
- Three great Q&A questions for Brook in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the thirty-first episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: