It seems like everyone wants to be in business for themselves, but the majority of people simply don’t have the necessarily skills or dedication to make it happen. In addition to not having the necessary skills or drive to start something on their own, a business plan is lacking from many new entrepreneurs and individuals who are trying to get into this space.
No matter what your trying to accomplish, whether it be a retail store, online business or even a blog… you need to have a business plan in place.
Just think about how things were when you were younger. School is much like your business plan as they push you from grade to grade, then you move up towards college to get a degree and eventually find yourself with a job. It may not always work out how you planned, but there was a course and path for you to follow.
The same needs to hold true for your business!
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 33 with Burke Franklin
Burke Franklin is the CEO of Jian, a service that provides individuals, entrepreneurs and businesses with the proper software and tools they need to build and grow their business. Burke is also the author of Business Black Belt, a book that shares everything he’s learned over the past 30 years and how he built his business and brand to what it is today.
With all of the experience and knowledge that Burke had gained over the years, it only made sense for him to build his own software solutions and business agency. Now instead of using his knowledge for his own business, he could help others do the same. The end result is Franklin’s most successful business venture yet, currently with over 2 million entrepreneurs and business owners using his software and tools collectively.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Burke’s first business that started his journey as an entrepreneur
- How to find something you love, then turning it into a business
- Why everyone needs to have a business plan
- Knowing how to target your audience and ad copy testing
- How to start a business, bring in new employees and scale
- Creating software to solve business problems
- Three great Q&A questions for Burke in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the thirty-third episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!