In the game of life and business… negotiating is everything!
Whether you are negotiating a multi-million dollar contract or arguing with your spouse about what’s for dinner… someone is going to get what they want — the question is which side are you going to be on!
Someone will win and some will lose… however the one’s who win are usually the ones who are prepared for life and whatever is thrown at them.
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 34 with Molly Fletcher
Molly Fletcher is a top sports agent with over two decades of experience and over $500 million in deals under her belt. In addition to being a sports agent, Molly is also an entrepreneur and expert art negotiating and teaching others how to succeed in business and in life.
Nicknamed “the female Jerry Maguire” by CNN, Molly Fletcher spent nearly two decades recruiting and working alongside some of the most well known names in professional sports, such as Doc Rivers, Billy Donovan, Tom Izzo, John Smoltz and Matt Kuchar. In addition to all of her sports agent related success, Molly is also a successful entrepreneur, speaker, author & consultant.
Through her books “The Business of Being the Best: Inside the World of Go-Getters and Game Changers” and “A Winner’s Guide to Negotiating: How Conversation Gets Deals Done“, Molly shares her experiences and wisdom to help others succeed in life and business.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Understanding the importance of great negotiating
- Embracing the “pause”
- The importance of knowing your “WHY”
- Making big decisions based of what matters most and not money
- Differences between negotiating as a man or woman
- Knowing how to make specific “ASKS” when negotiating
- Traits and characteristics of famous and successful people
- How sports agents have to deal with all of the issues in sports today
- Three great Q&A questions for Molly in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the thirty-fourth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!