Dominating your niche is one of the absolute best ways to make money. The reason why niche marketing works so well is because it gives you the opportunity to be the best authority sites in any given niche.
So you might be thinking? “How can I possibly be the best in anything with millions of sites online?” — the answer is simple… “long tail keywords”
With long tail keywords you break down huge categories into smaller and less competitive markets that are still massively successful. Not all niches are created the same and this is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 35 with Spencer Haws
Spencer Haws is a master at finding niche markets and building amazing content and sites around them, with the end goal of ranking on the first page of Google for these target keywords and making some really good money in the process.
However, getting to the level at where Spencer is today wasn’t easy. Spencer made the decision early on to leave his job and invest his full time and efforts into his online business. The world of online marketing always has it’s ups and downs and when Google has the ability to control who ranks where in the search results, you can never say that your business is completely safe. With that said, Spencer has expanded outside of the world of just creating his own niche sites and also built his own software, called LongTailPro, which has helped thousands of site owners find and create niches of their own.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Spencer finds success online and his decision to leave his job
- The process of breaking down a niche to see if it’s profitable
- Best ways to monetize a niche focused site
- How to deal with the continuing changes and updates from Google
- Why it was so important for Spencer to create his own keyword software
- How Spencer finds golden niche opportunities with LongTailPro
- Expansion from one person to a multi-person company
- Three great Q&A questions for Spencer in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the thirty-fifth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!