With the economy in a downward spiral and more people looking to fill less job positions than ever before, there is one thing that you may have that your competition doesn’t — brand power!
Creating your own brand and using the internet to build a reputation in your industry is one of the best ways to get ahead. While everyone else is submitting paper resumes and hoping to get results, you could be using a personal blog to get yourself out there while also connecting with big name brands and executives personally through social media. The world is changing and so is how people represent themselves, along with how job positions are now being filled.
The question is… do you have the brand power to take your life and career to the next level? This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 36 with Dan Schawbel
Dan Schawbel is a successful entrepreneur and branding expert, while also being the managing partner of Millennial Branding, a Gen Y research and consulting firm.
Today Dan is one of the most well known career and branding experts in the world, however this wasn’t always the case. Dan always had a passion and drive for business and success, but he had to work his way from the bottom to the top to make it become a real life experience. After making his way through eight different internships, Dan finally found his calling and started to get his life on the path he wanted. Today Dan has been awarded various achievements such as being listed among Forbes Magazine 30 Under 30, Inc Magazines’s 30 Under 30 and Business Week’s 20 Entrepreneurs You Should Follow to name a few.
Dan also also released his latest book titled “Promote Yourself: Three New Rules for Career Success”.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Dan’s first eight internships and how it paved his career path
- The 4 steps to creating your personal brand
- Knowing how to monitor and manage your online brand
- Using social media and connections to build new relationships
- Generation Z: Who they are and why they matter
- Promote Yourself: Three New Rules for Career Success
- Three great Q&A questions for Dan in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
- Dan’s books on Amazon
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the thirty-sixth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!