Have you ever wanted to create a new business or raise money for a startup, but simply had no idea where to start?
The good news is that there are plenty of options for people to access money when they are in need, or wanting to start a new business. From friends, family, banks and even pitching your idea to VCs in Silicon Valley, it’s all possible.
However, all of these methods also have downsides and no one really ever wants to ask anyone for money. Your best bet would be to look your options around you, things you could possibly sell and how to use your expertise in the process.
This is exactly what we are going to be talking about in the latest episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 38 with Carl Forrest
Carl Forrest is the co-founder of DataSetGo, a data analytics companies that helps businesses better understand their customers and how to improve profit margins. In addition to being the co-founder of the company, Carl is also a comic book mogul and lover of analytics.
While millions of people are running their own business today, the interesting story usually isn’t what they are doing to day — but instead how they got there. Carl’s story is one that grabbed my attention because he was able to fund his startup by buying and selling comics through offline sources and making huge profit margins through eBay. It sounds easier than it was, but because of Carl’s dedication and love for both comics and data analytics, he was able to combine the two for massive success.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Carl’s first jobs in the world of data analytics
- Experience and lessoned learned during BP’s oil spill
- Starting a recording studio from his college dorm
- How a love for comics books helped fund his startup
- The importance of knowing your audience and following up
- Data analytics and how businesses should be using it
- Three great Q&A questions for Carl in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the thirty-eighth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!