Not everyone is meant to be an entrepreneur — just like how not everyone is meant to work in the corporate world of the 9-to-5.
What both have in common is the need to find their place in the world and how they are going to plan out the next 20-30 years.
While many people like say the world of 9-5 is more comforting and safe, we are seeing this quickly change as more people are being laid off and fired from their jobs than ever before. Thus leading to more people expanding outside of their comfort zones and exploring new options of starting their own businesses through the world of online marketing.
I’m not going to tell you it’s easy, but I will tell you that there has never before has there been a better time to start your own brand and business online. In no other industry can you get started with such minimal investments and also be able to connect with some of the smartest entrepreneurs and marketers in the world today.
It’s time to action and get everything you ever wanted out of life in this latest episode of Rise of the Entrepreneur.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 59 with Eric Siu
Eric Siu is an entrepreneur and the CEO of San Francisco-based digital marketing agency Single Grain.
Before jumping into the world of entrepreneurship, Eric had a long resume of work experience with various companies. In addition to learning a lot while working with each of these employers, Eric also discovered this isn’t where he wanted to be. After being fired from one of his previous jobs (for working on his own projects), Eric started to put everything into action to create his own internet based company. Eric also knew he would need a mentor to help him along the way, and that’s where he met Neil Patel.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Eric’s first jobs and how he knew he was getting fired
- The process of going from employee to entrepreneur
- Monetization through the use of free reports and autoresponders
- How to use infographics and Facebook for lead gen
- The importance of finding a mentor you guide you
- Using webinars to generate high-end leads to sales
- Three great Q&A questions for Eric in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the fifty-ninth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!