To make it in the world of online marketing, you always need to stay a step ahead of the competition, while also being aware that you may need to change your whole business model in a moments notice.
Thanks to Google and their sporadic algorithm changes, what works one day, might not work for another. This is something many of us have experienced first hand with their Penguin and Panda updates.
The best sites and business models in the world, are the ones that have a trusted following and rely on great content and viral marketing to grow their business. This is where the value of an authority site really comes into play. It’s not just about “being the authority”, it’s also about being able to stand the test of time.
Changes in the industry, monetization and how to become the authority in your own niche… all in the latest episode of Rise of the Entrepreneur with Gael Breton.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 61 with Gael Breton
Gael Breton is an online entrepreneur with an expertise in SEO, monetization and creating killer authority sites.
An entrepreneur at heart, Mike and his partner got their start right out of business school as they were developing their own sites and seeing some great results through organic search listings. After seeing continued success with their own sites and earning a decent amount of revenue through affiliate marketing, they decided to try and scale the company to become a full-service SEO agency. Over the coming years, Mike and his partner would fund their SEO agency with their own money (through credit cards) and also slowly scale the company from just the two of them, to several employees and also two office locations in both the US and Canada. Today Mike and his team at SEO Brand now hand online marketing for some of the largest brands and businesses on the internet.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- Gael’s journey from employee to world traveling entrepreneur
- How Google Penguin changed link building for everyone
- The creation and case study of HealthAmbition.com
- How to use popup mailing list forms to increase traffic and leads
- The growth and branding of AuthorityHacker
- Content creation and lead generation through tutorial content
- Three great Q&A questions for Gael in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the sixty-first episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!