With the internet creating new millionaires and even billionaires every single day, everyone with an idea thinks they are now an “entrepreneur”. However, there is a big difference between coming up with “ideas” and actually putting them into motion and making something happen.
How many times have you heard someone say “they stole my idea” or “that was my idea”?… exactly, everyone says it! Even the person who originally thought of that idea, service or product probably wasn’t the first person to think of it, they were simply the one to take action on it — making them the ultimate entrepreneur.
Twenty years ago, before the internet, there were still entrepreneurs… just not everyone thinking they were one!
It’s time to go old school and start an offline business the hard way, and eventually transition to the online world that we are all so focused on today… all in the latest episode of Rise of the Entrepreneur with Mike Campion.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 62 with Mike Campion
Mike Campion is an entrepreneur who has successfully created and sold two different seven figure businesses.
While the word “entrepreneur” may seem like glitz and glamour, not everyone gets started in the dot com world of business and opportunity. Mike knew he wanted to be an entrepreneur and have his own business, he just wasn’t sure how. Without a college degree and a lot of money to invest in a new business, Mike decided to get started with his own ServiceMaster commercial cleaning business. From day one his business was on a downward spiral… however, Mike had the heart and hustle to make big things happen! Jump forward several years later and Mike has built and sold two different businesses or millions of dollars and now helps local small businesses bring their attention and efforts online.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- How Mike got started in the business world without a college education
- First day experiences and lessons learned as a business owner
- Creating “real” offline businesses and scaling them in size
- The selling of two successful businesses for 7 figures each
- Building a business around cosmetic surgery
- How to approach, target and market for local and offline businesses
- Three great Q&A questions for Mike in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the sixty-second episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!