It’s easy to look at all of the successful entrepreneurs in the world today and say that they have it easy. This is the mindset of nearly all NON-entrepreneurs — that all entrepreneurs are rich, set for life and travel the world for fun… however it’s usually the complete opposite.
Personally, I can tell you that I still work 6-10 hours per day and pour my heart out into everything I do. My daily tasks consist of everything from email, social media management, creating content for my sites, running ad campaigns, appearing on other shows / podcasts and of course running Rise of the Entrepreneur as well.
Yes, entrepreneurship is amazing and wonderful — but no where near as most people think it is.
There has never been a better time to put your entrepreneurial dreams into action, so let’s get inspired in this latest episode of Rise of the Entrepreneur with Mark Asquith.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 69 with Mark Asquith
Mark Asquith is an entrepreneur and also the host of the Excellence Expected podcast.
Mark’s journey to becoming an entrepreneur is similar to many others, in that he no longer wanted to keep working the 9-5 grind and finally decided just to leave it all behind him. In most cases, this is where the fun would start — however, this is where the hard work, frustrations and figuring out what to do next came up for Mark. After starting a new business and not having it find the success Mark was looking for, it was time for him to reset and start over again. This time around Mark would do things differently by putting his expertise to work and also connecting with other passionate entrepreneurs around him.
In addition to Mark’s success with his digital marketing company, he’s also the host of the Excellence Expected podcast — the #1 small business podcast out of the United Kingdom. Through Excellence Expected, Mark has been able to share his story, connect with other entrepreneurs throughout the world and also inspire others to take action in the process.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- When and why Mark decided to leave his cushy 9-5 job
- Frustrations and failures of Mark’s first failed business
- Bringing everything together to create DMSQD
- Focusing on what’s important and not what’s interesting
- What is and how to deal with Super Hero Syndrome
- The creation of the Excellence Expected podcast
- PodcastWebsites.com – What it is and how it works
- Three great Q&A questions for Mark in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the sixty-ninth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!