ROTE 074: Pete Walter and How to Get Media Coverage
Have you ever had the opportunity to get media coverage for your business or brand? If not, then today’s episode of Rise of the Entrepreneur is definitely for you.
Related blog posts and resources:
Over the years, I’ve had some amazing media opportunities… such as being featured on Fox News, ABC and several other media outlets like HuffingtonPost and Forbes. Once you get your first few mentions and start building media relationships, new opportunities seem to come in all the time.
However, what most entrepreneurs, brands and businesses don’t know, is how to get that first connection and media mention. This is exactly what we are going to be discussing in this latest episode of Rise of the Entrepreneur with Pete Walter.
Rise of the Entrepreneur – Episode 74 with Pete Walter
Pete Walter is a former TV producer for BBC, MTV and many other media outlets in the UK market.
After working alongside some of the most well known media outlets in the world, Pete is now focusing his efforts on helping others learn how to take advantage of what media exposure has to offer. As a media trainer, Pete has had the opportunity to work with Al Gore, Paul McCartney and many other celebrities, while also teaching business experts and entrepreneurs how to not only take advantage of what media has to offer, but also how to better prepare, compose yourself, deliver your message and create a killer story that grabs the attention of big name media outlets and reporters.
In this interview with Pete, we get to walk through the many different opportunities available to anyone in the world today, thanks to the massive growth and reach of the internet and social media. It’s not about waiting for media outlets to come knocking on your door, it’s about creating a compelling story, going to where reporters are and getting your voice to be heard.
Talking Points Discussed in this Episode:
- How Pete got his start in the world of television and media
- From Producer for MTV and BBC to launching his own coaching business
- Differences between different forms of media and coverage
- How to approach media outlets and reporters to get attention
- 5-Step process to make your story irresistible to media outlets
- The importance of building your social media following and loyal fans
- Examples of real people using media mentions to launch businesses
- Three great Q&A questions for Geno in the Pit of Fire
Mentioned URLs and Resources:
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!
I can’t thank you enough for listening in to the seventy-fourth episode of the Rise of the Entrepreneur. The podcast is currently available through iTunes (usually ranked in Top 50 in BUSINESS) and has already been downloaded in over 100+ different countries!
Be sure to check back often as a new episode will go live every TUESDAY. You can listen to each of the episodes through the blog or itunes, stitcher etc.
* Please subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. Until next time, be sure to share your comments below and spread the word around about the podcast — as you, the listeners are the future and voice of the show!
Wait... before you leave, consider these top resources: